Along with the other COROS watches, the APEX offers a number of features at an attractive price. The COROS watches are particularly strong on battery across the range.
The APEX watch is available as a 42mm or 46mm version, the principle difference between these models aside from the display size and subtle difference in weight, is the 46mm has a titanium alloy bezel whereas the 42mm is made from stainless steel.
- In UltraMax setting, the battery is carefully engineered to last up to 100 hours using GPS with 35 hours in normal mode, and regular usage up to 30 days.
- A Titanium bezel and sapphire glass face.
- The digital dial, provides a means to easily navigate through the Apex.
- The watch determines your overall effort, broken down into stamina level (0-100) and training effect (0-6). This allows it to gauge recovery.
- Equipped with track and navigation features. Routes are uploaded and displayed on grid as a bread crumb trail with real time information on heading and elevation and alerts.
- Features COROS' unique Intelligent Stride Algorithm, which records your personal range of motion while running to build a personalised stride model for predicting distance covered indoors or in weak GPS signal.
- COROS Trainer uses your personal historical data along with metrics from your latest activity, such as pace, distance and HR to calculate a perceived effort and recommend a time for full recovery.
- Download and share workouts and build your own workouts for different sports.
- Track Run Mode - a proprietary algorithm, used to make sure your track runs and workouts are measured accurately regardless of which lane you choose.
- Working with COROS' Performance Optimization Device (POD), APEX is able to provide advanced running metrics in real time, including power and form data to help turn you into a smarter and more efficient runner.
Note the table below presents the specification for the 42mm and 46mm to help compare the two watches.
|Display Size||46mm: 1.2 in. 240 x 240 (64 colours)|
|42mm: 1.1 in. 218 x 218 (64 colours)|
|Display Type||Memory LCD|
|Screen Material||Sapphire Glass|
|Bezel Material||46mm: Titanium Alloy|
|42mm: Stainless Steel|
|Quick Release Bands||46mm: 22mm|
|Physical Size||46mm: 46 x 46 x 11.9 mm|
|42mm: 42.00 x 42.00 x 11.75 mm|
|Weight With Silicone Band||46mm: 55.3 g|
|42mm: 49 g|
|Weight With Nylon Band||46mm: 45 g|
|42mm: 38 g|
|Navigation||GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|Sensors||Optical Heart Rate Monitor|
|Water Resistance||10ATM (100 Meters/328 Feet)|
|Working Temperature||14°F to 140°F (-10°C to 60°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)|
|Charging Time||Less than 2 Hours|
|Battery Life (46mm/42mm)||Up to 100/80 Hours in UltraMax GPS Mode|
|Up to 35/25 Hours in Full GPS Mode|
|Up to 30/24 Days for Regular Use|
|Supported Workouts||Run, Indoor Run, Trail Run, Track Run, Mountain Climb, Hike, Bike, Indoor Bike, Pool Swim, Open Water, Triathlon, Gym Cardio, GPS Cardio, Ski, Snowboard, XC Ski, Ski Touring, Multisport, Strength, Training|