The CAMP Cassin X-Light takes the same quality forged components and profiled geometries as the X-Dream and X-All Mountain tools, but simplifies the shaft to make it the most suitable axe for low-angle terrain typical of light and fast technical ascents.
There are two different head configurations (adze and hammer), which allow the tool to be optimised. The angle of the pick is optimised for performance on alpine ice and for use as a cane.
Carabiner holes at the head and spike accommodate traditional leashes or lanyards.
The hammer and adze components have been shaped for a comfortable grip and the pick does not have teeth near the shaft, limiting wear and tear on gloves.
- Size: 50 cm
- Modular Head: Yes
- Pick Material: Chromoly Steel
- Shaft material: 2.5 mm 7075 Alu
- Spike material: Chromoly Steel
- Weight: 50 g
- A lightweight, versatile tool for the technical alpinist
- Hot-forged aluminium alloy head allows for 2 configurations: adze and hammer
- T-rated chromoly steel pick and T-rated 7075-T6 aluminium alloy shaft (CE-UIAA type 2)
- 3 part handle can be optimised for different conditions
- Interchangeable steel spike has a hole large enough to clip a carabiner for use with lanyards